Home » Dress Diaries » First Completed Sewing Project of 2014

First Completed Sewing Project of 2014

ImageI started this coat back in 2011, but got stymied on the sleeves and collar, so it has sat in a corner waiting for me to come back and finish it. I finally got around to it, in time to wear it back East for the 2014 Ladies and Gentlemen of the 1860s Conference, and can I tell you, I’m so glad I did! It was quite cold for this thoroughly acclimatized transplant to the PacNW. I had completely forgotten how cold Eastern winters really are.

Details on the coat:

pattern: Vogue 8346 princess-seam winter coat

Materials: black wool outerwear fabric with a gaberdine weave, pink poly-mix quilted lining

modifications: added internal breast pocket with zipper, redrafted sleeve and collar patterns, raised armscye for better fit

Stay tuned for posts about the conference and my evening gown adventures.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s